Monday, November 9, 2009

Out of the Yard... Into the Streets

When I ran Cross Country back in the early 70's one of the things I enjoyed was getting out and running through neighborhoods on the streets of the town I grew up in here on Long Island. This evening I went out and ran (for the second time today- at the advice of a good friend) the streets my kids grew up in and where I have lived for 25 years. The northeast enjoyed some very warm weather for November today. I ran and perspired and loved every moment of it,

Fall is grand here on the Island. The smell of the leaves on the ground are like perfume to me. I passed a group of people out for a walk. We exchanged greetings. Who said New Yorkers are not friendly?

I listened to Bread CD as I ran. No I don't have an i-pod. I still use a discman which was a gift from my daughter years ago. I ran and breathed and watched as night came. I am thankful I can run, for the flood of memories that rush in when I do and for this place I call home where all my children and grandchildren live. Life is good and tonight I am thankful to be alive and kicking!

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2009 at 4:23 PM , Blogger John said...

Nice choice of CDS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home