Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Biggest Travel Day of the Year

Tomorrow, the day before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year. I have been through the city twice on this day and it is crazy. Once through Penn Station and once driving friends to catch a plane. I took in the sights and sounds of each.

Last night I took Lucy out to dinner at a favorite place of ours, the Bonwit Inn. Speaking to the owners afterwards we wished them a Happy Thanksgiving. When I asked if the restaurant was closed he said, "Oh no sir, it is our busiest day of the year!"

Americans for hundreds of years have been gathering at November's fourth Thursday and celebrating something uniquely ours. It is Thanksgiving! In the store yesterday I told a clerk helping me about Grandma's Corn Souffle'. I told him how the recipe was close 100 years old and had been in our family that long. I told him about Nana's Broccoli and Bread Crumbs and the Creamed Onions. Al these will be part of the feast here in Bay Shore. We make these things on the special day called Thanksgiving.

Our family traveling in are on the way now. This morning, this evening and tomorrow will be filled with my brother's kids arriving to join in an a great time.

May all you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home