Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring is in the Air!

I know there is another month of winter, technically. Actually I will miss it. But the arrival of spring is always welcomed in my backyard.

Signs are showing up. Birds are returning from the south, Little shoots of tiger lilies are popping up, the sun is getting warmer... I know the groundhog told us we will have four more weeks of winter but spring and all that comes with it is definitely near.

Emma and I planted crocuses and tulips this past fall. They will be coming up soon. I always enjoy the opening show of bulbs planted. It is nice to think we'll see them again year after year. Later today, I hope to get some more seeds started inside. It is a great time, an exciting time when spring is around the corner.

Just a taste in a picture from a previous spring here:




1 Comments:

At March 15, 2010 at 1:50 PM , Blogger John said...

Love this picture! Brightens my day is gives hope in the gray drizzle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home