Saturday, January 7, 2012

Time to Laugh

On my facebook page this morning I wrote about laughter. It is something we all need. It is good like medicine. Without getting into all the scientific facts it is healthy to laugh.

Think about things that have happened in your life which have made you crack up and laugh so hard that you almost cried, or you hyperventilated. Maybe it is a certain movie which watching it makes you bust into laughter. The Three Stooges, or It is a Mad Mad Mad Mad World can do that for some. Others find that the Honeymooners or Abbott and Costello bring on laughter. Whatever does it for you, laugh!

Years ago, when going through a difficult time when laughter was missing from my life and needed, my friend John Foster sent me a rock with the word, "LAUGH" engraved on it. I have it on my desk today. It serves as a reminder.

Some years ago, there was a couple in the Rolling Hills Covenant Church in California. A kitten had climber up in a tree on their property and it would not come down. It was crying. They called the fire department and were told, "No we don't answer cat in the tree calls anymore."

The couple tried everything. Finally they had an idea. The husband took a rope and somehow lassoed it to the top of the tree. Then he tied the other end to the bumper of his car. He figured if he could get the top of the tree low enough he could reach for the kitten and rescue it. As he slowly backed up the rope broke and the tree snapped back into place sending the kitten sailing through the neighborhood. A true catapult!

A few days later, while in the grocery store the wife ran into a neighbor. She noticed that in her cart were kitty litter and cat food. She said to the her neighbor, "I didn't know you had a cat." She responded, "Well the funniest thing happened a few days ago. You know since my husband died I have been so lonely. I thought maybe if I had an animal, that would help. So I was at my sliding glass doors looking out into my backyard and I prayed, 'LORD, if You want me to have a pet, would you please show me?' And God dropped this cat right out of heaven!"

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM , Anonymous Nancy said...

I love that story! Really brought a smile to my face, especially knowing the cat lived and found a good home!!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Nancy Conigliaro said...

I love that story! It really made me smile, especially knowing the cat lived and found a good home!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home