Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring's Sights and Sounds and Smells

I love the smell of freshly turned compost, the fragrance if the hyacinth and odor of freshly cut grass.

I love the sound of the birds happily chattering as they gather material for nests. I love the songs the red winged blackbird sings as he lands at the feeder or the pond. I even love the sound of the rake in my hands as it presses along the ground gathering materials for the compost heap.

I cherish the first sighting of that frog yesterday in my pond, the first time the fish come to the surface to eat after winter.  I love the beauty of the daffodils, the swamp buttercup and green of tulips and Daylilies.

I love spring in my backyard because it is all of these things and more.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home