Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The First Bloom

Some people hate winter. I am not among those who do. I actually love it.

However seeing the first bloom of spring, which is still officially weeks away, made me glad the warmer weather is upon us. Yes, I am fully aware that on Long Island, March can come in lie a lion and go out like a lamb. I do know we could still get snow, but the deep freeze is over, the days are getting longer, the ground is breaking up as the perennials emerge. Spring has sprung. The groundhog was right.

I know it isn't quite here according to most people. Of course I enjoy the gradual. I like the tingle of numbness in my fingertips that comes from working the soil early in spring. I love to watch the birds building nests, using as material the dead grasses I just pulled out of beds outback.

What a wondrous time is spring! I do not want to miss a moment of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home