Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ten Years Ago Today

Every kid should have a uncle like my Uncle John. Ten years ago on this day, Valentine's Day, he went to heaven. As I read the posts on Facebook and saw pictures of him my heart mused. The sad part is he is missed greatly. To paraphrase a quote someone gave me in a Grief Group I was leading, "Don't only be sorry it is over. Be glad that it happened."

My faith in the LORD allows me to do both and more. Truth us that I will see him again as will his family. I joked earlier that he will finally get rub it in that he had to wait for hen we all get to heaven.

Among other things my Uncle John was notoriously late. The reasons are varied. When going out he was meticulous about his appearance. His hair was always combed, shoes shined,etc. while at work he loved to talk to people. I know. I used to work with him back in the day. We often would race back from the city to the Island just making it in before the deadline at Loren Schneider, the Wise Potato Chip distributor in Nee Hyde Park.

In some ways it was appropriate he made the journey to heaven on this day, Valentine's. Everyone loved him and he them. That's why we miss him so much. He had enough love to go around and then some! He was one great uncle! He defined for what an uncle should be. It came so naturally too. It was who he was and that is why he will be in my heart until we meet again in heaven. As we hug I bet he whispers in my ear, "Can you believe it Moe?! I finally had to wait for you guys!" We will both share a laugh as we give thanks that the tears are no more and we are together forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home