Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Signs of the Times (in my backyard)

Over the years several plaques have been given to me which are reflective of my backyard.

Before you enter, on the gate, are the Words of Jesus, "Come to Me all you who are burdened down and you will find rest for your souls." My nephew Stephen carved this out of wood at my request. There is a welcome sign my daughter Tina gave me. On the far side of the yard is a plaque from my daughter Tonya, which says, "This place is for the birds". So true!

John Foster gave me a plaque which says, "An hour spent in the garden puts life problems in perspective." The children of Good Shepherd Nursery School gave me a plaque a few years back with my name on a star. There is one from Edie Raevis that is a quote from the 46th Psalm, "Be still and know that I am God."

The yard is for people to enjoy. Adults and children come to take in this little spot of God's creation, to see the blooms and the birds, to feed the fish and to understand why when God finished He saw it was good, very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home