Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Junior Department, Melrose Church of the Nazarene, June 1961

So reads the inscription in a commentary I have on my shelf. It was presented to Rev. Grant Cross. Before he retired and moved to Florida I got some of his books from his library. He is now enjoying heaven.

I'm not sure what the occasion of this gift was. Pastor's Appreciation Month had not been invented yet. I myself was just in Sunday School at the time. It was no doubt a love gift.

When I use it I think of the fact that back when I was younger than the kids in that department a gift was given by them to their pastor. They are close to retirement themselves! I think of the church and the teachers. What a great thing the church is. It is His new creation by water and the blood.

E. Stanely Jones' words come back again: "The church, with all its faults, is still the best serving institution on earth. So get into it and serve!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home