Thursday, June 21, 2007

Two Bobs

As a young man growing up here on Long Island several pastors made an impression on me. One was Pastor Bob Utter and the other was Pastor Bob Rapaljie. They were men of God. They both pastored the church I am pastor of. They were builders of God's kingdom, people and buildings. Pastor Utter oversaw the building of the parsonage, while Pastor Rapaljie built the church. I live in and work in buildings these men sacrificed to give to the kingdom. I don't take this gift lightly.

Jesus said to the disciples that they were about to reap where someone else had sown. I feel he was talking to me there. I am so thankful for the heritage I have and the legacy I have been given. Recently the daughter of the man who built the first building in Brightwaters visited our church. You can read a little about on another blog I have called The Sunday Morning Message. It is archived under April 28th at
http://thesundaymorningmessage.blogspot.com or you can copy and paste this address and go directly to it: http://thesundaymorningmessage.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

Thanks Lord for the gifts you have given through others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home