Saturday, January 31, 2009

When What to My Wondering Eyes Did Appear

OK, I confess. I just got the last of the Christmas stuff put away today. It seems like there has been a thousand things that have taken precedence over this act of the New Year. I am just glad I got it done before Valentine's Day! (which incidentally is 2 weeks from today!

As I was coming through the kitchen (which faces west), I noticed something I haven't seen in some time. It was the sun shining all the way to the east wall! Now we have had plenty of sunshine for January, but this is the first time for months that its beams went that far.

This means the days are getting longer. It means that the end of winter is in sight. It means that th groundhog will probably see his shadow but that only 6 weeks of winter remains. It means that next week I'll begin those spring seedlings! It means a new gardening season is about to dawn! I am very thankful I got those Christmas things put away! I sure would not wanting to be doing that during the spring cleanup which will take place with the first thaw!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home