Thursday, February 5, 2009

Signs of Spring

Lucy and I ran to pick up some fruit at Shop Rite yesterday. As we walked into the store we saw our first seed rack of the season. It had been decimated! There were a few packages left on it. This is a definite sign of spring coming.

I mentioned in the last post the sun shifting as the days lengthen. This continues.

Then there is the amaryllis. I just pulled them out of the dark corner of the family room this morning. A little water and light and soon they will be putting out their first green shoots.

Outside several early plants are pushing up through the stubborn sod. I am seeing the tiger lilies coming up now.

The buds on the trees are coming on. While filling a bird feeder I noticed that they were swelling up.

Next month springs begins but while we wait signs are all over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home