Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Mimosa Again

I woke up this morning to a sweet fragrance. It literally filled the second floor of the house. What was it? It was familiar. Then I realized that the mimosa I had planted from seed 22 years ago was beginning to bloom.

When I was a kid in Bellmore my Nana had brought a potted sapling out from Laurelton and we planted it in our backyard. It grew into a beautiful tree. When Nana went to heaven I decided I'd give it a try. The outcome- a huge tree 22 years later that fills the yard, the house and the street with its fragrance.

Life is like a mimosa tree. Plant good seed (kindness, love, grace, mercy, faithfulness, etc.) and you will get a return- a big return. It is written into the universe by the One Who created it.

I'm heading out for the morning run now with my heart full of wonderful memories of my Nana (she was a grand person). This morning my thoughts go to that wonderful lady because of a seed I planted just like she did almost a quarter century ago and all because of a God Who put wonder in this earth He made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home