Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seeds That Stir Up Memories


While in China in the fall of 2005, my brothers-in-law went out and and found some special seeds for me. Some of them produced beautiful morning glories.
Each fall in my backyard after the frost I go and collect seeds off these morning glories for next year's planting. They have found their way all over the northeast now but they originated back here.


They began to bloom again this week. The flowers are gorgeous and unique but the people they are connected to are what really warms my heart. It is a wonderful feeling to be loved. When someone who doesn't speak your language but communicates to you in terms of love it stays with you forever. Gifts do not need to be expensive to be priceless. Some are. Some are not. Some are in seeds given to a person by dear people from another land. I know that is among my thoughts these summer mornings when I journey out into nature's household and behold God's Handiwork in the love of my fmaily in China.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home