Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Morning Rain

The subject of rain has made it into so many songs from Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head by B.J. Thomas to Rainy Days and Mondays by the Carpenters. CCR did a song in the 70's called Who'll Stop The Rain? Almost every song about rain is cast in a negative sense. If most people had their way the USA would be a desert- due to the way people complain about the rain.

Gardeners love rain. I am a gardener. Among the blessings this rain is bringing this morning are my fish pond getting filled with non chemical water, the Jerusalem Artichokes out back, now in bloom, getting watered, the air being cleared, the lawn getting watered, the trees receiving what will keep the beautiful fall leaves on them just a little bit longer and the list goes on including my car getting the dust (as well as the streets and sidewalks) washed off. I remember places like Cairo, Egypt I have visited where there is not much rain. The were dry and dusty. I prefer the occasional precipitation.

Its Monday. Its raining and I am sing in it once again thanking God for watering the earth! Besides if it never rained you would never see this:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home