Monday, August 30, 2010

The LORD Is With Us In Our Times Of Sorrow

I am here in southern Florida for a family funeral we had yesterday. Chris, my cousin's son, passed suddenly, at the young age of 23. Our family is in shock.

On the flight down I was reading Psalm 50 through 70. This is section of scripture that brings comfort in time of loss and pain. Psalm 55.22 seemed to jump off the page at me, "Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you." I had just written it my journal yesterday morning when Lori, my cousin, showed me a promise box which belonged to our Nana. She left this earth for heaven 22 years ago. Lori kept it in her house afterwards. One night in a time of great need the box fell on the floor and a card popped out. On it was this verse Psalm 55.22. She had left this card up so she could read it ever since. I showed what I just written down and how I felt. Like children discovering some hidden treasures in their grandparents attic we looked in awe toward heaven and began a long difficult day knowing God is still answering our Nana's prayers and keeping His promises. A hug from heaven is one of the most wonderful things on earth, to be touched by Eternity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home