Friday, September 17, 2010

A Record of Your Tears

God is a God of details. Just look at His creation, the incredible things we can see under a microscope, are amazing! He has rhe hairs of our head all numbered. Our fingerprints and DNA are different from the other 6 1/2 billion people on this planet. The list of things goes on.

In Psalm 56.8, there is an interesting truth. David writes, "Record my lament; list my tears on Your Scroll-are they not in Your Record?" God keeps a record of each tear we shed!

Recently my family experienced a devastating loss. They have all been on my heart. Christopher was 23 years old when he went to heaven last month. He was to be married next month. This morning as I was reading this Psalm, this verse came to my heart and the realization that God has a record of our tears. That is how precious we are to Him. He is close to the broken hearted and binds up their wounds. He is with us in the Valley of the Shadow of Death. He comforts our souls with eternal things. He is faithful to all His Promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home