Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Aging

This past weekend my oldest nephew and his girlfriend got engaged. My mind started to kick into motion. I now move into a different phase. They will get married in the future. Then after a bit they will have children. I will be a great uncle. That made me feel happy and old at the same time. Yes it is possible for the two to coexist. Feeling old is not all bad. Although I do agree with George Barnard Shaw who said that it is a shame youth has to be wasted on the young.

Last night I was waiting to pick up my granddaughter from her cheer leading practice. Three different times I was mistaken for her dad. The next day and I am still smiling. Guess not only are you as old as you think but sometimes younger than than you actually are by other people. The fact my youngest daughter turns 30 next month adds to be taken for a father of a 6 year old! Life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home