Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Reflections

At the end of this Mother's Day 2011 thoughts arise. I am thankful, so thankful for my Mom. I told her in a number of ways this weekend. However it doesn't seem like enough in light of all she has done for me and my brother and sister.

I watched Leo give his Mom, my wife, a beautiful necklace. What a beautiful gift.

There's more. Having lived in this community for nearly 27 years now I have seen a whole generation of kids ( my own included) grow up and become Moms. Several were on the Little League Teams I coached in the 1980's. Some of those girls are now today's coaches.

This wonderful fact comes to me often: I have seen little girls become young women and then have children of their own. It is quite moving.

While there is a lot wrong in this world there is also a lot right with it. There is always hope when moms love their children the way I am seeing these do. Beginning with my own daughters and branching out across our town I watch with delight the circle of life going on and on. Even at dinner this evening I listened to a couple with plans to get married one day talk about how they want to raise their children when God blesses them with them.

I salute all you young ladies who are wonderful Mom's. It is a Happy Mother's Day for you and as I look it is for me too. God bless each of you as you bring those little ones up with love and care. You are doing a most noble task. You are blessing this Poppa abundantly as I see you carry it out with love and grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home