Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Funny Song



I know an old lady who swallowed a fly... I know an old lady who swallowed a spider... She swallowed the spider to catch the fly. But I don't know she swallowed the fly...


Another song from my childhood that my grandkids love me to sing. Here the other day I saw this song (well nearly) in action.


Spiders spin webs, catch flys and then work on their wings so they cannnot fly away. Nature at work. Pretty cool.


On a lighter note with temperatures well below freezing I went out to the pond today and checked to see how the filter was running. It was fine. The running water makes a hole in the ice for the oxygen to get in and the carbon dioxide and other poisonous gases to get out. The fish don't eat when it is cold. They may occasionally nibble on some algae but basically they do what we do in winter in the northeast United States. They rest. In about 6 weeks they cycle will begin again and they will come looking for food. I have video posted on YouTube of this a few years ago. It is cool. Go to peterpumpkin8 for this on YouTube if you'd like to see this along with many other videos from the backyard.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home