Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Reflections

This was a great Memorial Day Weekend in many ways.

On Friday a friend and I went to the city to retrace Washington's steps from the day he was inaugurated in front of Federal Hall to the prayer service at St. Paul's Church, on the edge of Ground Zero. We saw the Bible President George Washington placed his right hand upon as he took the oath of office. We saw the pavement he stood upon. It was a moving day.

Saturday my grandson, Grayson, was dedicated at the church. How wonderful being with all my family, including my daughters, sons-in-law and my 8 sweet grandkids.

Sunday was a time to reflect on our nation's heritage in church and then to a BBQ with my some family in the afternoon.

On Monday I went to the parade with some more of my family and then to a BBQ afterwards at my daughter's home. We transplanted some things from my garden to theirs. It is cool seeing my daughter's having their own gardens like they did when they grew up and I had one.

Since this blog is about my backyard here is the litany of things I planted this year:
A variety of tomato plants throughout the yard in pots, arugula, mesclun mix, swiss chard, cucumbers, summer squash, cilantro, carrots, potatoes, green onions and garlic.

Now is the time to water and watch it grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home