Thursday, June 20, 2013

How I Judge My Yard

A Master of Master Gardener in my neighborhood told me, "I make it a point never to judge someone else's yard. How they garden is their business."

Funny as I am sitting here on the glider with my iPad this morning it hit me. There is always a lot of work back here needing to be done. I don't judge my yard how how pristine it looks. The fact is there is always weeding to be done, there is trimming, etc. that is waiting.

One of the way I judge my yard is how much wildlife I get in it. This place is for the birds! So reads a plaque my daughter gave me several years ago. The birds love it. We have a frog that has been with us for years now. He lives in our pond. This morning a bunny ran through. I am waiting for the box turtle to emerge. Toads love it here.

I figure it this way. These guys were here long before this area was developed for human beings to reside in it. If they are hanging around back here I am doing something right!

1 Comments:

At June 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM , Blogger John said...

Great entry. If the wildlife like it you are doing great, especially where you live! They need all the wild places they can get!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home