Saturday, June 30, 2007

A First!

Because we purchased a laptop recently for the very first time I am writing from the actual backyard!

It is about 75 here in Bay Shore right now with a beautiful breeze blowing in from the ocean. The tiger lilies are nearly at their peak, the day lilies have begun to showoff their beauty and the black eyed susans are opening.

As I write Chickadees, purple finches and other birds are filling the premises with melodious music. Given my choice this above all places on earth is where I would want to be with the possible exception of Israel.

The water garden is continuing to display its beauty as the blue pickering is once again faithful to open by July 4th. We have baby fish once again this year.

Last night as Lucy worked outside on her dark sauce (I'll save that story for another post) I sat and wound down from a busy day. Moe,our dog, chased Shrews but never caught one. I had spotted my second toad this week earlier. I love it when uninvited guests show up and make themselves right at home.

We have also had a large number of butterflies tis year, sometimes up to 7 at one time.

If you will excuse me now I am going to get my hands in the dirt of the actual garden and take my fingers of the keyboard of the virtual one.

Thanks for stopping by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home