Monday, March 8, 2010

A Surprise in the Cemetery

I had just finished the committal service for a dear saint from our church. For more than 30 years now I have officiated at funerals and burials. As I get older I am more cognizant of the fact that folks live right and finish their lives well. I had been Harriette's pastor for over 25 years.

I bade farewell to her family and was getting ready to return home when a dear friend and fellow pastor appeared walking up to me. George's church is in Rockville Center, mine in Bay Shore. The burial was a Pinelawn. He had just finished a burial there too. Ivan was a man of strength and character. George and I had stood before families we have known a long time and offered them comfort in their losses.

It was a pleasant surprise to see my friends George and Laura Rauchfuss there today. What dear people they are! That happens sometimes- we are doing our work serving the LORD and He blesses us with something like this. In our sorrow He brings blessings.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home