Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Who Is On That Plane?

It is interesting how a personal experience can change the way you look at things forever.
Planes have flown over the backyard like this one for as long as I can remember. In August I found myself on one heading to my family in Florida to be with them at a time of unspeakable loss. I was surrounded by people going to see loved ones and taking a vacation before summer's end. However for me that trip was not one of pleasure. I wanted to get down to be with my cousins because I love them and we were all in shock and sorrow.
I look at the planes overhead differently now. They are carrying fathers and mothers who are going to be away from their children because of their jobs. They are carrying people who are going to a funeral or to be with a family member or friend in great need. Of course many travel for pleasure and that is good. My thoughts go to the ones who are not now. I have found myself wondering who is on board (like I did last evening in the backyard), what their situations are and whispering a prayer for those who heading to or from a place where sorrow and trouble made the reason for the trip.
I believe those souls are in between me on the earth and a Father in Heaven Who wants to comfort them. It is a privilege to pray and ask the LORD to hold them in the Palm of His Hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home