Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spring In January

It feels like we raked leaves here on Long Island, celebrated Christmas and New Year's and went into spring. The daffodils are up as well as some day lilies. The fish in the pond are moving around. Some people still have lights up around their houses while others are doing yard work. I certainly have been tempted.

However from living in the northeast almost all my life and particularly on Long Island, I know what can happen in a moment or a day at this time of the year. Winter can roar back in. While temperatures will be in the mid 50's a few times this week and someone was riding with a convertible top down the other day, February can come in a like a lamb and deliver us a Valentine's Day Blizzard. I have seen some incredible snows during President's/Mid Winter Breaks. There is no telling what will happen.

Then again tomorrow I may trade in my snow shovel for a rake.... at least for a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home