Monday, November 1, 2010

Horn of Plenty

Like no nation on earth America has been blessed. It is the month of Thanksgiving. Today I hung our Horn of Plenty Banner out on the lawn. It represents the overflowing harvest from this year. I heard my good friend Bobby Lloyd say yesterday, "Just travel outside this country. Go to some third world country and you'll see how blessed we are here in America. You'll come back and want to kiss the ground." That has happened to me. I realize how blessed I am to be an American.

Tomorrow I'll vote. It looks like tomorrow will be an historic election. We choose our leaders. We, the people...

My family was together last night and we will be together later this evening to celebrate a birthday. Just being together is wonderful beyond words. I am blessed to have a family like I do.

I was at church yesterday morning. Our church is not large in numbers or money, but it has a heart as big as any church I have ever been to. Watching the congregation care for each other like they do without any program or prescribed strategy to push them or drive them is a blessing to me as their pastor. We are not perfect; rather far from it. We are sinners saved by grace. Love covers a multitude of sins.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I prefer to call it a holy day. If you look at the history of it you will understand why.

This evening my heart is very full with blessings. I am thankful for my country, my family my church and my friends, many of whom are reading this now. God bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home