Monday, November 8, 2010

Old Man Winter

With the unseasonably cold today many folks have been speaking of winter. I am used to being called crazy so here goes. I love winter. I enjoy bundling up and going out in the brisk air. The enjoy the winter holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day and birthdays of loved ones. I love sleigh riding. Hot weather and I don't get along. I dread the heat. I love snow. I love going out on a crisp winter's day and shoveling the white stuff. I have gone a number of times to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. I am a kid at heart. I love New York at Christmas.

When I was in High School I ran winter track. We were called all kinds of names by fellow students. They thought we were out of our minds. Running in freezing weather must have acclimated me to the cold because I love it. I just had to speak a few words for Old Man Winter. He has taken quite a beating today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home