Saturday, November 20, 2010

Overflowing With Thanskgiving

A dear friend described it this way, "My life is so full at times I feel my heart is going to explode." David wrote in Psalm 23 that his cup was running over. This is what I am experiencing as Thanksgiving approaches. The anticipation and preparation and even memories of the past are wonderful beyond words.

I love my family. I love being together. Although we live within walking distance, because of the time and our schedules we live in we seldom get to spend a whole day together. But on Thanksgiving we stop everything and give thanks and eat and play games and do puzzles and laugh. It is always a wonderful time.

I have started to make lists of things I am thankful for and usually get to cover one subcategory before I realize I need to make an appointment or something else. Bottom line is there are simply too many blessings to ever count. That is true of most of us, probably all of us.

I am thankful to LORD for all His blessings, that William Bradford, the governor of the Plymouth colony recognized it back in 1623, That President George Washington proclaimed it in 1779 and that President Abraham Lincoln signed a proclamation in 1863 for the third Thursday of November be a day of Praise to a beneficent Father Who dwelleth in the Heavens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home