Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Many thoughts run through my mind as we approach Thanksgiving. It is a National Holiday here. It is about our story as a nation, how God was involved in our history and how blessed we are.

I have thought about the people God has placed in my life recently, how blessed I am by them and how thankful I am for them.

Food and Clothing is something here in the United States that we take for granted. The Pilgrims on the Mayflower did not. They gave thanks to Almighty God for what they called the treasures of the sea, the clams they were able to dig up from Plymouth's shore and eat to sustain themselves. That first winter they lost half of the people who came with them. Yet they gave thanks.

So strong was our nation's sentiment 150 years ago that President Abraham Lincoln signed a Proclamation stating that the fourth Thursday of each November be a day set aside for giving thanks to Almighty God for His blessings upon this land.

This will be my 55th Thanksgiving. Each year the number of blessings grow. About 20 family members will be around the table this year, my greatest blessings. We give thanks to the LORD for He has been good to us and His mercy endures forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home